DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION
Data protection is an important concern of Merus Software Ltd. and its partner companies.
Therefore, the data of our customers is processed exclusively in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations (e.g. GDPR and others).
We collect and process personal data if you provide us with these data (e.g. by registering on the website, contact inquiries, surveys, etc.). We are entitled to collect, use and process the data on the basis of your consent or on the basis of legal regulations.
If we receive personal data about you from other companies, you will be informed as soon as possible, at the latest at the beginning of the processing of your data. These data too are only stored and processed on the basis of legal regulations.
1. Personal data
Personal data are all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter, a "data subject").
We collect and process the following personal data:
last name, first name, home address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, e-mail address, password.
The personal data mentioned above will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- communication with you about products, services and projects, e.g. to process your inquiries;
- planning, execution and administration of the (contractual) business relation between us and you, e.g. to process orders for products and services, collect payments, for accounting, billing and debt collection purposes and to carry out deliveries, maintenance activities or repairs;
- preparation of individualised offers or cost estimates;
- performance of customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analyses, contests, competitions or similar actions and events;
- provision of a newsletter and advertising for new products;
- maintaining and protecting the security of our products, services and websites by preventing and detecting security risks, fraud or other criminal or malicious activities;
- compliance with legal requirements (e.g. tax and commercial law retention obligations) or existing obligations to carry out compliance screenings (to prevent white-collar crime or money laundering);
- settlement of legal disputes, enforcement of existing contracts and for asserting, exercising and defending legal claims.
The processing of personal data is necessary to achieve the above-mentioned purposes, including the performance of the (contractual) business relation with you. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the legal basis for data processing is – Article 6(1), Literi b and f of the General Data Protection Regulation or your express consent pursuant to Article 6(1)a of the General Data Protection Regulation.
If the above data are to be further processed for a purpose other than the original purpose for which they were collected, you will be informed of this before further processing. In this way, you have the opportunity to object to the processing of your data for another purpose.
Data of business customers:
We process the following data from our business partners:
- first and last names, business address, business telephone number, business mobile phone number, business fax number and business e-mail address;
- payment information required to process payment transactions or prevent fraud, including credit card information and card verification numbers;
- other information that is required to process a project or to execute a contractual relation with us or that is voluntarily provided by our business partners, such as orders placed, inquiries made or project details;
- information collected from publicly available sources, information databases or credit agencies.
Disclosure of data
All data you transmit to us will be treated confidentially. We will neither sell your personal data to third parties nor market the data in any other way.
Your data will not be made available to third parties for use unless you have given your consent or we are legally entitled and/or obliged to pass these data on.
To the extent permitted and required by law to comply with applicable law or to assert, exercise or defend against legal claims, we transmit personal data to courts, tax authorities and supervisory authorities. We take all measures to ensure suitable and adequate guarantees for the protection of your personal data.
If no explicit storage period is specified during the collection (e.g. within the framework of a declaration of consent), the personal data will be deleted if they are no longer necessary to fulfil the purpose of storage, unless statutory storage obligations (e.g. commercial and tax storage obligations) prevent deletion.
2. Data security
We take technical and organisational security measures to protect the data of yours which we store and process in our company against manipulation, loss of confidentiality, destruction and access by unauthorised persons. Our company's security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
3. Rights of data subjects: right to information, correction, deletion or restriction of the processing of your personal data, right of objection and right to data transferability
Upon request, we will inform you in writing, in accordance with applicable law, whether and which personal data we store in our company. If you are registered as a user, we offer you the option to view your data yourself and to change or delete the data if necessary. If, despite our company's efforts to ensure data security and accuracy, incorrect information has been stored, we will correct it at your request.
You also have the right to request that our company restrict the processing of personal data. In addition, you may request to receive the data you have provided to our company in a structured, common and machine-readable format. You can also object to the processing of personal data by our company.
You also have the right to request the deletion of your personal data, provided that there are no legal retention periods to the contrary. We delete the data if we no longer need them for the purpose for which we have collected and processed them or if you revoke your consent and there is no other legal basis for further processing of your data. In addition, we delete these data if the processing was unlawful for reasons unknown to us or if you have objected to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate interests in the processing. Your data will also be deleted if we are legally obliged to do so. Our company has also implemented technical measures to inform all recipients of your data about your request for deletion or correction. This only applies in the event that we have disclosed or made these data public. All links, copies and replications of your personal data are to be deleted.
If you have consented to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. By revoking this consent, data processing in the past will not become unlawful.
The transmission of data to our company is voluntary. However, these data are required for the further conclusion of the contract or for answering your inquiries. If you do not wish to disclose your data, the contract may not be concluded or your enquiries may not be answered. The provision of the data is required for the conclusion of the contract.
4. Log files
When you access our company's website, for technical reasons your Internet browser automatically transmits the following data (hereinafter, "log data") to our company's web server, which our company records in log files:
- date of access, time of access, URL of the referring website, accessed file, transferred data volume, browser type and version, operating system, IP address, domain name of your Internet access provider
This is exclusively information which does not allow any conclusions to be drawn about any natural person. This information is technically necessary for the proper display of the website content you request and is mandatory when using Internet offerings. The log data are evaluated strictly for statistical purposes in order to optimise our company's website and the technology behind it and are subsequently deleted.
The log data are stored separately from other data collected by our company during use.
5. Links to other websites
If Merus Software Ltd. refers directly or indirectly to external websites ("links"), Merus Software Ltd. is only liable if it has exact knowledge of the contents and it is technically feasible and reasonable for Merus Software Ltd. to prevent the use in case of illegal content.
Merus Software Ltd. hereby expressly declares that the linked pages did not contain any illegal content at the time the links were set. Merus Software Ltd. has no influence whatsoever over the current and future design of the linked pages. Merus Software Ltd. therefore expressly distances itself from all changes in content that are made to the linked pages after the links have been set. This also applies to external entries in the guest books, discussion forums and mailing lists set up by Merus Software Ltd..
Merus Software Ltd. is not responsible for the content, availability, accuracy or precision of the linked pages, their offers, links or advertisements. Merus Software Ltd. is not liable for illegal, incorrect or incomplete content or in particular for damages arising from the use or non-use of the information offered on the linked pages.
Merus Software Ltd. and its partner companies reserve the right to change this data protection declaration at any time without prior notice. Such a change shall apply immediately after its publication. Please review this data protection declaration periodically to ensure that you are aware of current provisions regarding the collection and treatment of confidential information. By continuously using and visiting the Merus Software Ltd. websites, you declare your agreement with the provisions of this data protection declaration (subject to changes).
Updated February 2019